I wrote a guest post on the CUES Skybox on May 12 and Doug True at FORUM Credit Union left this comment.
"Your post also made me think how we really should bring back the Symposium. The foundation blocks are still there and FORUM Solutions would welcome the opportunity to host in Indy. If there is interest we just need to find out who the enablers will be and get together to work out the details. I only want to do it though if it adds value to an already crowded conference marketplace"
Further down in the comments, George Hoffheimer from Filene chimed in.
@Doug...Filene's in for next iteration of Symposium
I immediately emailed Doug True and Matt Davis and said let's make it happen. So, after a one-year hiatus, the symposium is back. We've got a new title, the CU Water Cooler Symposium, and a new theme, Bubbling up the best new credit union talent!
Here are some details.
- This will be a unique experience in the already over-crowded credit union conference space.
- It will be held in Fishers, Indiana on Thursday, October 28 and Friday, October 29. FORUM Credit Union has been gracious to donate the use of its wonderful FORUM Conference & Events Center.
- It's dirt cheap. The $199 early-bird price basically covers the costs of catering.
- Matt Davis and I will be your hosts.
- The other 11 CU Water Cooler editors are each responsible for recruiting a speaker with a new story. These speakers will be revealed two at a time over the next six weeks on the Liquid Lunch.
- There is a "Be a Speaker" contest. This is an awesome opportunity for someone with an interesting credit union story to tell.
- There are sponsorship opportunities for a few select vendors.
This is sure to be a fantastic event and we want you there! Book your spot today.