I was in Dallas at the Forrester Consumer Forum today accepting the first place Groundswell Award in the Talking category on behalf of Common Wealth Credit Union.
This is the biggest recognition yet for Young & Free Alberta and I actually kept a lid on it since finding out 19 days ago! Here is a little video that documents my trouble with keeping secrets.
What are the Groundswell Awards?
The Forrester Groundswell Awards recognize excellence in accomplishing business goals with social applications. Forrester developed this awards program to support and recognize the principles outlined in the Forrester book Groundswell: Winning In A World Transformed By Social Technologies (Harvard Business Press, 2008). Winners were selected based on a combination of online community reviews and proof of business value. The awards recognize companies that effectively use social media across seven categories: Listening, Talking, Energizing, Supporting, Embracing, Managing and Social Impact.
What's the big deal?
The big deal is being recognized as the best initiative amongst the 34 nominated entries in the Talking category. Honestly, I thought being included with this group was recognition enough, but winning against these incredible initiatives is hard to fathom.
- Quickbooks Community
- Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese blog
- Bud Light Facebook application
- Sears Arrive Lounge
- General Motors iGotShotgun launch site for new Corvette
- American Express OPEN Forum
- The Wall Street Journal Get Socialized
- Intel Chinese user-generated advertising campaign
- Rubbermaid's Adventures in Organization blog
- Johnson & Johnson health channel on YouTube
- Microsoft Office Poke Facebook application
- Coca Cola's MyCokeRewards.com
Wow! We are all on cloud nine. Thanks again to everyone who has been a part of this initiaitive.
+ Click here to see all of the finalists and winners in each category