Tim McAlpine has presented at more than 100 credit union and finance conferences in Canada, the United States, Mexico and Jamaica for many top organizations, including Forrester Research, CUNA, CUES and the Caribbean Confederation of Credit Unions. He is consistently ranked as one of the highest-rated speakers.
- Teaching Financial Education Through Engaging Storytelling
- Integrated Financial Marketing: Creating Killer Campaigns for Young Adults
- Five Simple Actions To Enhance Your Credit Union’s Financial Education and Acquisition Strategy
- What Do Young People Want and Need?
- Moving the Young Adult Needle (extended session)
Video of Tim
... and many more!
President & Creative Director
Tim McAlpine is widely recognized as one of the world’s foremost authorities on young adult strategies for credit unions and he is also a popular speaker on the credit union conference circuit. In his dynamic presentations, Tim tackles relevant marketing and financial education topics in a no-nonsense yet entertaining way. He has presented at more than 100 credit union and finance conferences in Canada, the United States, Mexico and Jamaica for many top organizations, including Forrester Research, Credit Union National Association, Credit Union Executives Society and the Caribbean Confederation of Credit Unions. His writing has been published in numerous credit union publications, such as CUES Credit Union Management, The Financial Brand and Credit Union Times.
Tim and his company, Currency Marketing, are the recipients of dozens of awards including the Credit Union Central of Canada National Credit Union Innovation Award and 1st place in the Forrester Research Groundswell Awards.
Tim is a credit union advocate best known for developing the It’s a Money Thing Financial Education Program and the Young & Free Marketing Program that credit unions from around North America are using to connect with new young adult members. He is also the driving force behind CUES Next Top Credit Union Exec competition and a co-founder of the CU Water Cooler. Tim believes that credit unions and the credit union movement need to work harder to prove that there is a difference and that it matters.
Tim McAlpine lives in Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada. He is the President and Creative Director of Currency Marketing, a digital marketing agency specializing in helping credit unions attract and engage with young adults.
Tim McAlpine is the President and Creative Director of Currency Marketing. He is best known for developing the It's a Money Thing Financial Education Program and the Young & Free Marketing Program that credit unions from around North America are using to connect with new young adult members. He is also the driving force behind CUES Next Top Credit Union Exec competition and a co-founder of the CU Water Cooler.
Book Tim today
Tim has had more than 100 speaking engagements over the past decade. Here's a list of some of the organizations that have hired Tim to speak.
- Alberta Central
- Canadian Co-operative Association
- Caribbean Confederation of Credit Unions
- Cornerstone Credit Union League
- Credit Union Association of the Dakotas
- Credit Union Executive Society (CUES)
- CU Direct
- CU Leadership Convention
- CU Water Cooler
- Credit Union National Association (CUNA)
- CUNA Mutual
- Filene Research Institute
- Indiana Credit Union League
- MAC Network
- Maine Credit Union League
- MD & DC Credit Union Association
- National Cooperative Grocers Association
- Credit Union Foundation
- National Directors' Convention
- National Youth Involvement Board (NYIB)
- Open Solutions
- Quebec International Summit of Cooperatives
- Southwest CUNA Management School
- The Financial Brand Forum
- Wisconsin Credit Union League