September is 30 things I would implement or consider implementing at my credit union if I was a credit union leader.
Thing 12: Replace our ten-year-old, super-nasty website
In hindsight, this should have been my number-one thing! If I were a credit union leader, I would make it priority one to develop a modern website that included:
- A beautiful, 980-pixel-wide layout with completely integrated online banking like Vancity's website
- Integrated blogs from a number of credit union employees like Vantage Credit Union's website
- Crisp writing and a clear personality like Coast Capital Savings' website
- Product ratings and reviews like San Francisco Fire Credit Union's website
- Online account opening and an integrated personal financial management tool like South Carolina Federal Credit Union's website
- A public-facing discussion forum like Addison Avenue Federal Credit Union's website
- Mobile texting capabilities like Mount Lehman Credit Union's website
You may balk and say that I have described a very expensive website. Maybe so, but at my credit union, before I opened another branch or upgraded the administration center, I would have a positively kick-ass website!