Forgive me, my next post will be about something other than social media and blogging.
I'm going to add one more blog post to the pile.
'The video' has travelled from Northern Alberta through the credit union blog-o-sphere, broken through to the North American credit union industry and now it is on the world stage. In seven days.
It is being shown at credit union meetings, at school presentations and in boardrooms from Canada to Mexico and beyond (and those are just the folks who asked for permission).
Yesterday, the World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU) asked if they could feature it on their homepage. WOCCU represents 172,000,000 Members and 46,000 Credit Unions in 97 Countries.
Jeff Mulligan, President and CEO of Common Wealth Credit Union said it best, "Not only are we accepting of this proposal, we are honoured to be recognized by WOCCU, in this manner."
I think the word is out.
Here are some links to the blogs I've seen Larissa Walkiw's video on. It has been a great discussion and a wild ride to follow. For those of you new to this conversation, Larissa is Common Wealth Credit Union's Young & Free Spokesperson.
- The Best Education Piece Ever – Currency Marketing Blog
- Larissa Explains It All – Open Source CU Blog
- What’s Wrong With This Video? – Ron Shevlin's Whims Blog
- How are Credit Unions Different? – Piedmont Credit Union Blog
- Do You Know The Difference? – The Boardcast Blog
- Credit Unions are Like Macs – The CU Loop Blog
- WOW! Young & Free is Amazing – CUES Nexus Connection Blog
- What is a Credit Union? – Mount Lehman Credit Union Blog
- Credit Union Difference – A Renaissance Man Blog
- The Difference Between Banks and CUs – That Credit Union Blog
- The Difference Between Banks and CUs – Otto Radke Blog
- What's Really Wrong with This Video? – CU Skeptic Blog
- Of Rorschach and "The Video" – CU Communcator Blog
- Obsession With The National Silver Bullet – The True Story Blog
- On the CU Tube: Touting the CU Differnce – CUNA News Feed
- A Case Study, Not a Silver Bullet – The CU Loop Blog
- Check Out This YouTube Video – Bruen/Bensley CU Blog
- The Video That's Got People Talking – Payment Industry Insider
Only time will tell if this single act of creativity attracts new credit unions members and excites and educates current members and employees.
I've been asking myself, "How is this possible? How does a young woman who has been a credit union member for just over two weeks have this kind of impact."
Way to go Larissa. I'm your biggest fan.